* 2 1/2 cups crushed* Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
* 1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
* 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice crystals or raw sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
* 1/2 cup nonfat milk or plain soymilk
* 2 egg whites
* 1/3 cup expeller pressed canola oil
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil muffin tins.
2. Combine first five ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. In separate mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
6. For garnish, place three hearts from cereal on top of each muffin.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted in centers of muffins comes out clean, or about 20 minutes. Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Place cereal in freezer bag and crush with rolling pin until cereal resembles coarse flour without any large chunks. To save time, place cereal in blender or food processor and pulse into coarse flour instead.
Do You Interested With This One?